Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The perfect day?

So I was offered a new job today which I accepted and decided to go out to celebrate at my local Italian restaurant with my brother and sister-in-law.

Anyhoo my brother was driving so when it came to ordering the after dinner drinks he decided to only have an espresso while I had my usual grappa and an espresso. Fortunately the waiter misheard and brought two grappas and two espressos. My brother being the sensible chap that he is decided not to say anything to the waiter but instead gave me the grappa. Could a man hope for a better brother?

So a new job and a free grappa. I've had worse days.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job it was that brother and not the other one or you wouldn't have seen that grappa for dust.Anyway since you got the new job I would expect you to buy me an extra grappa!

martinobhoy said...

Brian - I'll be sure to buy you one at Mum's birthday party. Then you can buy me two to congratulate me on my new job!

ginkers said...

Certainly sounds like a fine day indeed, did a seagull splat your shoulder too?