Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A new bible?



It was with great pleasure that I received my post last week as a parcel from Amazon finally arrived after days of anticipation. Yes, a guide to grappa by Axel and Bibiana Behrendt (they beat you to it Martino). Luckily, it does not cover all the grappas there are so there is still room for improvement on its impressive detail.

Also, it has inspired me to undertake a new mission - to try to sample all the grappas on its pages. Come with me as I share my tasting notes and compare and contrast with their views. If I make it to the end alive it will be a fine achievement. Certainly looking forward to tracking down some of the more obscure ones. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

martinobhoy said...

Yeah, but I bet they dont cover Celtic, Angelina Jolie, films and 80s children's TV programmes in their grappa reviews.

I think there's room in the market for both styles.

a.c.t. said...

Thanks for the idea - I've just ordered it for my parents' anniversary.

ginkers said...

No bother. My usual commission...

Bibiana Behrendt said...

I for one are going to follow you and see how you compare your tasting notes with mine... sounds like fun!Enjoy your search for the best grappe in the world....

Greetings from Germany, Bibiana Behrendt